Infrastructure Software Engineer
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159626
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Infrastructure Engineer - DRE
DRE are EA’s continuous integration and build experts. We are a team of over 100, located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing superior automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams.
We are seeking a passionate individual to join DRE as an Infrastructure Engineer, supporting our engagements in North America and around the globe.
- Work with engineering leads across DRE to automate, simplify and abstract the build/test automation stack
- Mentor junior engineers in sustainable service-oriented architecture and design principles
- Execute the strategy and maintain the backlog for at least one problem area for all of DRE
- Work with our internal customers to design, prototype and implement new automated workflows
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools (SaltStack, Chef, Ansible)
- Experience with CI/CD workflows and tools such as Jenkins
- Experience working with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Knowledge of VMware vSphere and supporting technologies
- Experience with container orchestration platforms (Kubernetes, ECS, GKE)
- Experience with hashicorp products (Vault, Consul, Packer, Terraform)
- Strong automation skills
- Experience with monitoring, reporting and predictive analysis (Elasticsearch, Grafana, Prometheus, etc.)
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
- A knack for solving issues with better monitoring and operational intelligence data
- Adept at asynchronous communication and collaboration across disparate regions and time zones
- Demonstrated ability to complete technical projects on time and on budget
- Familiar with agile development methodologies
- Experience shipping AAA games is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Infrastructure Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-24 17:51:01.403
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.