Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 159618
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Software Engineer – Integration Team
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and brilliant, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to bring new ways to play. EA is driving the next revolution in games. Join us!
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our accomplished team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with a deep player experiences.
You’ll partner with other leaders in the integration team to promote improvements and share knowledge between the different global groups that we have.
The main responsibility is to assist, support and/or partner with game teams using Frostbite to do integration work, which includes the following:
- Manage integration projects / insuring smooth delivery of engine to game team
- Monitor and update metrics to help with risk mitigation
- Identify integration tool chain opportunities and develop solutions
- Identify causes of divergence
- Keep game teams informed concerning new engine changes, and how they can reduce the cost of integrations
- Build and maintain positive relationships between Frostbite and game teams
- Understand version control concepts and good practices
- 1+ years of C++ development experience
- Experience debugging large-scale systems
It would also be nice if you have
- Experience with C# and Python
- Experience with web development
- Experience working with a distributed team
- Experience using Perforce
- Experience working with large-scale game engines (Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, etc.) is preferred
- Experience in software development for Xbox 1 and PS4
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Frostbite we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees with occupational pension.
This opportunity is for a permanent position at EA.
We look forward to receiving your application!
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-24 12:52:48.413
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.