Location: Pasadena, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159614
Position Title: DM
Industrial Toys is a AAA mobile developer founded by Halo veteran Alex Seropian. Our mission is to bring "Mobile To The Core". We are working to bring the cutting edge of FPS gaming to your phone. If you’re interested in working with veteran mobile and HD developers in creating new experiences to reach billions of mobile players around the world we would like to hear from you!
Our team culture is collaborative and we expect everyone to think like game makers and approach development with a Player First perspective.
Role Overview: Quality Assurance - Project Manager
The QA Project Manager and team are accountable for defining and delivering the QA project planning, requirements and deliverables. You will collaborate with partner program managers to establish schedules, establish budgets and ensure the creation of test coverage and project metrics.
A QA PM will help develop essential knowledge transfer and the process with our game teams. They will work embedded within the Development organization, improve the QA practice across EA and knowledge share across the organization, have a Quality mindset from a consumer perspective, and be a advocate in game design and implementation decisions.
QA Project Managers must have both a solid project management background and people management skills. Most of your time will be focused on ensuring that project deliverable's are completed on time and within budget through active participation in the test responsibilities and processes while maintaining EA’s high standard of quality. Additionally, you will focus on improving the operational effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new QA strategies. You will work on department level projects and operational efficiency plans.
You will also spend time managing a direct staff of project leaders, engaging in daily test responsibilities and mentoring/supporting junior level leadership within the department. Monitoring performance and delivering measurable feedback to direct reports is an essential function of this role. Embrace the challenge of mentoring and supporting a team of direct reports and contributing to the development of their careers. Establishing working relationships within the QA department, the QA project team and the outside partners are necessary to the success in this role.
Reporting to the group QA Manager we’re looking for a passionate QA Project Manager to join our team to help coordinate and test an exciting new mobile title.
Primary responsibilities expected are as follows:
- Process and workflow management, identifying and improving processes to maintain high-quality standards through different development and live project cycles
- Resource management, financial capacity planning, resource validation and skill-gap assessment
- Project and quality management through test scope / scheduling, evaluating Return on investment and cost vs benefit analysis
- Work with partners and groups whilst maintaining the quality benchmark and project Indicators
- Solutions oriented problem solver with an ability develop solutions
- Lead change with the ability to reprioritize business essential tasks
- People management skills with the ability to develop talent, mentoring and cultivate others within their project team
- Monitor product quality Indicators throughout project duration to give a constant heartbeat on product quality
- Ensure testing processes are followed, engaging with partners where needed to protect and uphold product quality
- Collaborate with all partners and team members across a range of technology disciplines and geographic locations
- Promote quality upstream and advocating best practices to achieve this
- Produce and present reports to partners using data that represent product quality Indicators
- Active participation in the test responsibilities and processes
You can speak to the following levels of experience
- QA Project Managers are expected to have at a minimum:
- 3 years of experience in a software development environment
- 2 years Project Management or Project Lead experience
- 1 or more years of leadership experience
- Risk management and solutions oriented problem solving techniques
- Experienced with financial management, budget tracking, QA cost estimates and constraints
- Comfortable communicating across all kinds of disciplines
- An understanding analytics and Indicators as a way of tracking product quality
- Comfortable conversing within engineering disciplines with and eye to promote outstanding quality principles
- Test case test management software experience i.e. TestRail
- Experience shipping mobile titles built in UE4 or Unreal a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Game Development, Business.
- A Master’s degree is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of production life cycle, processes and execution planning
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment
- Proficient in Jira
- Experience shipping mobile titles is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Development Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-23 18:00:48.383
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.