Senior Rendering Engineer
Location: Pasadena, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159593
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Industrial Toys is a AAA mobile developer founded by Halo veteran Alex Seropian. Our mission is to make games that are Mobile To The Core! We are currently working to bring cutting edge FPS gaming to your phone. If you’re interested in working with veteran mobile, console, and PC developers in creating new AAA experiences that will reach billions of mobile players around the world we would like to hear from you!
- Prototype, refine and optimize mobile rendering pipeline that includes: real-time/static lighting, shadows, post processing, physically based shading
- Create clean APIs for internal graphics tools and editors to support the art and tech art.
- Improve, debug, and extend existing graphics and art pipelines while also building new technology that scales across a range of mobile devices
- Create robust platform agnostic systems with abstraction layers that enable maximum cross-platform feature parity on iOS and Android
- Design, implement, measure, and analyze algorithms for rendering and visual effects
- Keep up to date of latest developments in mobile hardware & software via developer support, conferences, and publications
- Mentor other engineers
- Strong C/C++ skills
- Professional game or engine development experience
- Understanding of various mobile GPUs and tools used in popular devices and their performance characteristics
- Solid foundation in 3D math, algorithms, and modern computing fundamentals
- Comfort with handling large code bases
- Ability to define deliverables and collaborate on production scheduling
- Understanding of different shading languages like HLSL, GLSL, SPIR-V, Metal Shading Language
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Passion for making games
- Experience with OpenGL ES 2 and 3+
- Experience with modern rendering APIs like Vulkan or Metal
- Shipped multiple real-time products
- Experience using Android NDK and/or iOS with C++/Objective-C
- Experience with GPU profiling tools like ARM Mali Graphics Debugger or Apple Instruments
- Spacious 19,000 sqft 10th floor office with amazing views of the San Gabriel mountains, all of Pasadena, and Los Angeles (on a clear day)
- Weekly Happy Hours, donuts and bagels.
- Full kitchen with snacks, drinks, espresso machine and nitro cold brew
- A game room with classic multi-arcade machines, modern consoles, and PC gaming stations
- Foosball, Ping-pong table, and Cornhole game
- EV charging
- Motorized sit-stand desks
- Private wellness room
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Rendering Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-22 19:01:31.697
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.