Software Engineer II
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 159591
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Role: Software Engineer – 2
We are EA and we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
If you like solving problems, get the job done as a team player and are self-starter this could be a great opportunity for you.
What would I be doing:
As a Sr Java Developer with Front-end knowledge, you will be responsible for developing high quality UI and back-end code that gets deployed in production environment, bringing in latest web development standards and practices into a high performing development team. Along with Full stack development & coding, you will be responsible for working with our backend developers and designers. You will be leveraging latest Java technologies and UI frameworks to solve complex problems of modern applications. You would also be working with Scrum masters and Product owners to define, plan and deliver the software.
Overall Experience: 6+ years of demonstrable experience building world-class, consumer facing web applications
- Develop and build, sleek and fast loading modern web applications.
- Develop back-end using Spring, Spring Boot and Micro services.
- Develop functional prototypes from wireframes and mockups, and create proper documentation
- Develop and optimize web applications to render consistently in cross-browser environment.
- Work closely with a team of engineers in an agile development environment to create full, working, enterprise-scale web service application prototypes
- Follow industry trends with regard to web application development and techniques
- Ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement.
- A problem solver and a hands-on person leading the team from the front and finding solutions using technology and logical thinking.
- Logical team-player, with excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively on multiple projects under a tight schedule
The next great EA Software Engineer -2 also needs the following skills:
- Solid hands-on experience in Java, J2EE, Spring ( DI, AOP), Spring cloud, Spring Boot
- Excellent knowledge on building highly scalable microservices
- Very good experience in Writing unit tests using Junit and TestNG
- Good exposure in writing Quality, modular code using clean code principles
- Solid knowledge on Agile development methodologies
- Excellent MySQL/Oracle knowledge and should be able to write High performant SQL queries.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs development and documentation
- Good experience in using Jira
Nice to have skills:
- AWS knowledge
- Mongo DB
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like Global fitness program, Sodexo (Food Coupons), Parental Insurance & Medical, Accident & life insurance and since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-23 05:28:22.007
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.