UX Designer Intern
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159590
Position Title: Intern General
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world’s greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important initiatives for EA’s community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These initiatives include: EA Access, our cross-platform subscription currently on Origin, PS4, Xbox One and soon on Steam: Origin, EA’s gaming service on PC; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
In your role as UX Designer Intern, you will be responsible for designing experiences for our players, with both UX design and UI design. We want you to work on real features, that will be seen by millions of players. You will partner with other designers, developers, and product management to ship great experiences, always with an eye on putting the player first. As part of the broader EAX Design team you will be a key contributor to the EAX team based out of EA Redwood Shores.
Joining EAX means joining the team shaping EA’s subscription services now spanning three major platforms; building consumer experiences that power EA’s games and enabling more personalized, socially connected, and frictionless experiences; and expanding our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud and beyond so our players can get into the games they want to play and stay connected while playing. We like to say that “we see farther”, and are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
- You are excited about product design, technology and the future of online ecosystems.
- You’re a problem solver, and you have You have the ability to your implement ideas, not just tell people how to do them.
- You can adapt to changing tasks and requirements.
- You have a willingness to learn and, grow, and teach. We want you to have a valuable co-op experience, and to leave as a stronger designer.
- You take an empathetic view of the user, and to interpret that into a systematic design solution.
- You validate assumptions through experimentation and research
- You’re willing to collaborate with other designers, and are comfortable with receiving and giving feedback.
- You are a solid strategic and analytical thinker with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You live and breathe design pixels, a love for design and the craft of creating something from nothing is an absolute must.
- You are able to guide the design process from framing a challenge, to research and insights, to concept and implementation
- You speak in a visual language. You’ve got a knack for succinctly capturing thoughts and expressing them to others. You put thought and reason in your design choices, and can communicate that to others.You have a strong design voice and point of view on where to go and why
- You are currently enrolled in a BS or MS program in Design, Human Computer Interaction, or a related field of study
- Familiar with Figma, Sketch, or the Adobe Creative Suite, various prototyping tools, Invision or Framer.
- Bonus points for showing familiarity with HTML/CSS/JS. Coding isn’t required, but an understanding of how it works is beneficial.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or masters program over the summer of 2020.
- It is required that you submit a portfolio/presentation of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online presentation, or attaching documents to your resume. All presentations must contain a detailed breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, manage.
- Create solutions that solve real problems for our players
- Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors for multiple environments and audiences
- Align business requirements, design methodologies, and technology factors to create on-brand designs for future state exploration, validation, and testing
- Leverage and contribute to our new and existing Design System, driving consistency, modularity, and a visual design language
At EAX, we bring play to customers in new and innovative ways – We extend the lifecycle of our games across all platforms, with a focus on making the around game experience meet the growing needs of our players. EAX makes everything from accessing information about new and existing games, through to digital distribution, education and support a seamless and cohesive experience for every player, wherever they are.
Electronic Arts is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company's game franchises are offered as both packaged goods, products and online services delivered through Internet-enabled consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets. EA has more than 275 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
The EAX Experience Design team is responsible for the user experience and product design of websites, web & mobile applications as well as core services that drive awareness around our games, then help our players get the most out of them.
We strive to create the most usable, engaging and boundary pushing experiences possible, and we're looking for a passionate intern who's intent on doing the same.
Collaborating with a team of UX Architects, Researchers, Interface Designers and Swiss Army Knives, you'll experience the full spectrum of the products design process. Everything from ideation and conceptualization, to designing and implementing your ideas.
Community / Marketing Title: UX Designer Intern
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-30 23:16:32.047
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.