Data Science Manager
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 159574
Position Title: Data Scientist II
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Our games are played everywhere in the world and on any kind of gaming device (PC, web, console, mobile, smart TV’s) and support multiple business models (digital downloads, premium content, free to play, subscriptions).
As EA continues to innovate in the gameplay space, there’s a growing opportunity to build dev competency in how to effectively leverage big data, machine learning, and central tech initiatives to drive player-facing features.
The ideal candidate will connect the dots between central data teams, understanding player desires, designers, and software engineers with a mind for discriminating between leveraging AI/ML vs simpler rules-based systems to solve design problems.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data visualization and data-mining to tell the story behind numbers and find relevant insights for partners and leadership
- Aggregate and analyze large datasets to identify behavior trends using statistics, data mining techniques
- Develop strategies to tackle high-risk fraud-related events
- Help develop business cases for new technologies needed to support fraud detection
- Build prototype tools for investigating fraud events/behavior and analyzing system-wide trends
- Respond to operational needs by providing ad hoc analytical support
- Partner with Engineering and Operations teams to determine product requirements
- Partner with Operations teams to create reports, performance metrics
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Highly quantitative
- A true passion for understanding customer behavior on-platform and in-game
- Business or data analysis experience; preferred experience from e-commerce, online payments, fraud/risk management, social networking, or gaming industry
- MS degree in a quantitative discipline (i.e. Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, Industrial Engineering), required
- Experience doing quantitative analysis
- Can interpret and manipulate large structured and unstructured data, develop recommendations.
- Experience managing advanced analytics projects which solve complex analytical problems using data mining technologies
- Familiar with Hadoop, Apache Spark framework, SQL/NoSQL
- Proficiency in Python or R
- Able to explain insights to all kinds of audiences
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Science Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-30 18:17:33.193
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.