Client Software Engineer (C++) - Sports Mobile
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159561
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA FUEL, a division of EA Sports crafting high quality mobile sports games and focusing on delivering high-quality, immersive experiences created to fit the lifestyle of mobile gamers. EA Fuel currently operates in Vancouver, British Columbia, Orlando, Florida, and Bucharest, Romania.
A Software Engineer is a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools.
- Research cutting-edge algorithms and techniques.
- Write technical design specifications.
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code.
- Create tools, features and engine components to required coding standards.
- Profiling and optimizing software components of a game.
- Create leading edge reusable technologies; both backend and frontend expertise is required
Required Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Proficiency with C++ (Visual C++ or Visual .NET recommended).
- 1+ years of experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
Additional Skills and Experience:
- Experience shipping console or large-scale mobile game
- Experience with assembler (MIPS, VU Code), scripting languages (Python, Lua) and C#.
- Test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently.
- Experience in a core domain such as rendering, AI, audio, online, user interfaces, multi-processor systems, etc.
Community / Marketing Title: Client Software Engineer (C++) - Sports Mobile
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-21 17:39:20.483
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.