Data Software Engineer - FIFA
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159556
Position Title: Software Engineer III
There are millions of FIFA players generating billions of events every day. We are using the high-volume data streams to detect and anticipate Security threats and issues as soon as they occur. The Game Security Engineer will be a key member of the FIFA Security Team. They will be tasked with supporting the Security Data Scientists by ensuring the availability of the data needed to perform big data analysis, machine learning and visualization to find patterns and correlations that will help keep FIFA safe and secure.
We are looking for a data engineering expert able to architect, design and implement data processes that are at the center of the FIFA Security team’s operation. The candidate should be able to adopt a security mindset to predict the adversaries’ moves and ensure the right data is available to detect them.
- Work with raw data, design schemas, optimize data transformation, and manage deployments and maintenance of data pipelines
- Develop business intelligence and reporting solutions
- Evaluate feasibility and effectiveness of proposed data solutions
- End-to-end administration and maintain tools, systems, pipelines and ETLs
- Communicate designs, issues and trade-offs to stakeholders
- Expert knowledge and proficiency with SQL and no-SQL databases.
- Some familiarity with machine learning, and statistical approaches to data analysis
- Ability to think and solve complex data engineering problems in maintainable and scalable fashion
- A BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with Big Data tools such as Splunk, Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Exposure to Security in areas such as network/software security and a good understanding of security data, attack vectors and more
- Experience with Visualization tools and libraries such as Tableau, SAS VA, Matplotlib, etc.
- Software development experience
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-up-on-end-exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches-challenging. Its stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: Play. We’re EA—we’ve been making games for decades but you wouldn’t know that walking through our studios. We’re still buzzing with the same innovative spirit we began with, though we’ve learned enough to earn our rank as a leading developer, publisher and distributor of the world’s best games. What began as a small group of people determined to “put real life in a box” has become 8,000-people strong, worldwide organization delivering on that very dream.
Whether you’re plotting a course for SpyMouse on your mobile or your palms are sweaty from clutching your controller during intense games of FIFA 16, chances are you’ve played an EA game. And if you haven’t, well, what are you waiting for? In an industry that’s changing every day—whether it’s through new social channels, advancing technology, new audiences or unique opportunities for monetization—EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, we invite you to get to know us better.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Software Engineer - FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-03 19:54:35.753
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.