Associate Java Software Engineer
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 159554
Position Title: Assoc Software Engineer
Junior Java Software Engineer
A brilliant chance for a talented software engineering individual to move into, and develop, within the fast-paced world of gaming. This role is embedded in FIFA Ultimate Team Dev group.
If you are ready to make the difference, every day, with excellent technology and development teams to deliver the products that reach and delight the most avid consumers worldwide then we have the role for you. The QV Engineering team drives tools, innovation and development to deliver the leading entertainment products and eco systems that are expected from EA.
As a critical function within game development and test teams, our Software Engineers improve tools and software frameworks enabling automated white and grey box testing, and process and workflow improvement solutions for the game production team contributing to the quality of the product and the productivity of the team as a whole.
As service providers, you need to be self-driven, able to conduct valuable analysis and to prioritize based on them, achieve consensus with the various parties and work directly with our customers to improve satisfaction.
Excellent communication, documentation and problem-solving skills are required, knowledge and interest in software quality assurance and process improvement desirable.
- 6+ months experience in software development in Java
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or working towards getting it
- Agile (Scrum) development methodologies basic knowledge
- Database Technologies (ie SQL, ElasticSearch) and Database Visualization Software (ie Kibana) basic knowledge
- Experience with version control: Git, TFS.
SCOPE & IMPACT:
- Write and maintain the Functional Tests used by the FIFA Dev teams in their Test-driven Development workflow
- Develop the existing Tools and Frameworks surrounding the Test-driven Development workflow
- Monitoring/reporting health of aforementioned systems and prioritizing ad hoc work accordingly
- Perform code reviews and be willing to pair and mentor other team members.
- Monitor tools usage and assess return on investment.
- Oversee aspects of a tool or service, working with customers and technical leads to achieve our strategic goal.
- Understand standard software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation and testing.
- Report regular status against assigned tasks and proactively identify project risks.
- Monitor customer satisfaction and escalate any issues or improvement opportunities.
- Continuous communication with all partners.
- Set realistic milestones and work towards successful completion.
- Contribute to the company’s engineering strategies and programs.
- Where applicable, integrate systems and tools into production game code
You will have the opportunity to be a key player in EA’s approach for ensuring its games meet the highest possible software quality standards in a fast paced and fun environment.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- The role is open for a 1 year contract
- Where we are located? Afi Park, Vasile Milea no 4F
- More about the events and work environment on our FB page - Electronic Arts Romania
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Java Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-23 07:59:53.087
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.