Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 159549
Position Title: Artist 2
We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our talented people have expressed their passion for world-class game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you could be a part of it.
The Challenge Ahead:
We are looking for an experienced Vehicle Artist to join our Vehicle Art Team. We need your creative and technical skills to successfully deliver amazing looking vehicles. This will be a collaboration across a distributed production environment, working with different EA teams and outsourcers.
You will help the Vehicle Team to define visual benchmarks, set the bar for damage and weathering and be a creative influence on livery design, vehicle customisation and game features. We are not just looking for a traditional vehicle modeler but for someone to guide the whole process.
What a Vehicle Artist does at Criterion:
- Work closely with the Art Director and the Vehicle Lead to ensure the visual target is met or exceeded
- Work with the Vehicle Team to improve art quality and workflows
- Work with Concept Artists to develop original custom designs
- Actively manage the outsource content, designing and reviewing the process.
- Work with outsource partners to define requirements and deliver quality vehicles
- Work with the Lead Vehicle Artist to define art quality, methods and delivery and review final quality of outsource vendor
A Vehicle Artist needs:
- Understand the technical aspects of the vehicle production
- Proven vehicle art experience on current-gen consoles and PC
- You will be need to quickly comprehend custom in-house tools
- Experience modelling with Maya or any other major 3D package
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop for texture creation
- Good level of expertise in Substance Painter
- Understanding of PBR workflows
- Experience integrating vehicle art into a game editor
- Passion for cars
- History of creating realistic shaders
- Vehicle design skills
- Experience working with outsource teams
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Naturally, we offer great benefits packages, but more importantly, because we love working with outstanding creators, we maintain a culture that appreciates creative freedom and autonomy.
- Great compensation package, annual bonus scheme and stock plans.
- Benefits including private medical insurance, dental care, pension scheme and life insurance.
- Extras like employee discounts, Rail season ticket loan, free games.
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
- Casual dress code
We thought you might also want to know:
We’re based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
Our office has an onsite café and gym and is a short walk from the train station and town centre.
- More about our studio: http://criteriongames.com/
- More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/guildford
Community / Marketing Title: Vehicle Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-19 22:19:03.077
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.