Software Engineer in Test (C#)
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 159509
Position Title: Software Engineer in Test 1
EA’s Quality Verification team is seeking a Software Engineer to join the mobile automation group in Bucharest. Join us for an opportunity to support the release of fun, internationally recognized titles such as Plants vs Zombies, Bejeweled, and more! Experience the creative, and challenging process of AAA game development.
You will be a part of a testing team that aims to deliver automation scripts of game features to execute against devices. You will receive requirements and test cases from QA, writing C# code to perform the tests, participating in code review, and delivering the scripts back to QA. You will oversee the accurate delivery of scripts and maintenance and bug fixing as needed. You will use your knowledge of C# and game features to satisfy the provided requirements in the most efficient and re-usable manner possible. You will be part of a distributed team and report to the Technical Director of the development team.
You have experience in C#, have a passion for games, and have an interest in software testing. You have experience working with international team members from different backgrounds and be comfortable delivering on shared goals in this setting. You have knowledge of programming best practices for producing code that is reusable and bug-free.
Scope and Influence:
In this role your responsibilities would include:
- Development of new automated test scripts for a mobile game, following QA requirements.
- Maintenance of test script codebase as needed to respond to feature changes.
- Identify and fix bugs in test scripts.
- Participation in code reviews for all completed work.
- The understanding of game features, screens, and navigation into different gameplay modes.
- Relevant experience writing code using C# and Object-Oriented Programming concepts.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, debugging ability, and able to detect and fix defects.
- Knowledge of a testing framework (Nunit, Xunit, Junit)..
- Understanding of software testing best practices and patterns.
- Experience participating in all aspects of Scrum: planning, daily standup, and retrospectives.
- A love for making and playing games, and passion for quality.
- Knowledge of iOS or Android software development
- Knowledge of Unity 3D engine.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer in Test (C#)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-21 08:23:52.337
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.