Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159488
Position Title: Software Engineer III
As a data engineer, you will report to our Sr Manager Data Science and will play a key role in developing and maintaining the ETL solutions necessary to provide the data that powers our game analysis and reporting.
We are looking for a data engineer to join our efforts in data science, machine learning, and R&D. You’ll be part of a central studio data science team, working with our data scientists and analysts to architect data pipelines, support machine learning research, and build feature prototypes.
- Design, model, develop and maintain data sets to support reporting analytics and exploratory analysis
- Understand and contribute to the technical solution from design through code level
- Contribute to technical design and ongoing development of our custom ETL solutions and analytics platforms, and help improve design and delivery standards
- Work with big data developers to build scalable and supportable infrastructure
- Employ a variety of languages and tools (e.g. scripting languages) to marry systems together
- Assess and support the implementation available and latest big data technologies
- Help build a machine learning platform for data scientists to develop, train and execute models.
- Participate in reviews and meetings
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or software engineering
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- 3+ years of experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Experience performing root cause analysis on our data and processes to answer specific questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience working with big data technologies including BigQuery, Apache Beam, Apache Airflow
- Experience working with ML technologies including Scikit, TensorFlow, and KubeFlow.
- Experience in developing software using Python, Java, SQL
Ability to adapt to new technology and research troubleshooting techniques and best practices
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-17 04:11:12.453
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.