Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 159337
Position Title: Senior Applications Engineer
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is Fun & Creative. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
If you like solving problems, as a team player and are Self Motivated this could be a great opportunity for you.
What would I do:
As part of EA IT player experience engineering the role offers a seasoned architect an opportunity to build web-based enterprise applications and solutions, including development architecture, design & coding standards, tools, or platforms. Leading a team of engineers, as a senior architect you will be architecture multiple applications both for our use. You will use latest technologies and architecture principles to solve complex problems of modern applications. You would also work with Scrum masters and Product owners to define and deliver the software bits. Building the product or application end-to-end from technical side would be part of your responsibility.
- Act independently as a top-level contributor in direction for major, complex programs intended to roll out high-volume, high transaction-based web applications
- A problem solver and a hands-on person leading the team from the front and finding solutions using technology and logical thinking.
- Initiate and deliver experiences in partnership with distributed different teams to ensure the architectural vision are communicated and delivered to the highest standards
- Work as an architecture team lead on large diverse projects, ensuring that solutions are implemented
- Track development deliverable and communicate their status to global teams
- Estimate engineering effort during multiple stages of project life cycle
- Provide architectural guidance to quality assurance on all new code from beginning through integration, staging and production environments
- Exhibit creativity and resourcefulness at problem solving while collaborating and working effectively with outstanding designers, engineers of different technical backgrounds, architects and product managers
- Coach 2-4 lead developers in accomplishing architecture, design and implementation goals
- Be responsible for end-to-end development architecture, thus ensuring the code written to implement the architecture and design meets the highest standards regarding code quality and efficiency
- Ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs
The next great EA Architect also needs:
- Bachelor of Technology or Engineering for Tier 1 institutions
- 10+ years of experience working in Java, J2EE, Core Spring, Spring Boot, Micro-services etc.
- Experience in architecture and deploying high-volume, high transaction-based, distributed and redundant web applications.
- Experience in architect web on cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Experience with Salesforce cloud platform preferred.
- Experience leading technical teams in delivering web technology architecture, design and implementation.
- Experience with Full stack modern technologies from UI layer to middleware and DB layer in great detail.
- Experience with modern distributed architecture and development frameworks (such as SOA, Lambda, Microservices) for scalable and very fast applications
- Experience with design patterns.
- Experience with Databases including, Mongo and MySQL
- Experience writing shell scripts
- Hands-on coding experience
- Continuous and persistent learner
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- Experience in Enhancement projects
- Sense of humour
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like Global fitness program, Sodexo (Food Coupons), Parental Insurance & Medical, Accident and life insurance and since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that succeeds on creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: Java Architect
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-14 08:30:17.093
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.