Experience Design Director
Multiple Locations: Sacramento, California, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • Redwood City, California, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159304
Position Title: Sr Experience Designer II
“Who is EA Capital Games?”
We’re a mobile game studio and home to the title Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, the most successful Star Wars mobile game ever released, charting as the #1 grossing game in over 35 countries, and one of the Top 40 grossing games in the entire world across Apple and Google.
Collectively, we are a close-knit group of passionate gamers, passionate about the creation of genre-defining mobile RPGs, and the vibrant live services necessary to support them. Our team culture is friendly, fast-paced, results-focused, and collaborative. We take our work – but not ourselves – very seriously.
While walking the halls of our brand-new 31,000 sq ft studio, you’ll hear the cacophony of epic console competitions, lively debates, and the rattle of dice thrown across a game board. Game nights, happy hours, weekend adventures, and a dog-friendly atmosphere are all elements of who we are.
We are looking for an Experience Design Director to collaborate with creative leaders to inspire creativity and bring compelling mobile experiences with globally recognized brands like Star Wars. Become part of a growing studio where you can shape the future of our design culture.
What You’ll Do
- Reporting to our Principal Art Director, you'll build relationships with partners, game designers, product managers, art directors, and brand partners to set design priorities and find balanced solutions for the player, business and technical goals.
- Conduct deep analysis of current products to develop a holistic view, guide design strategy and identify essential areas of impact to enhance the player experience.
- Develop an understanding of turn-based RPG and card collection games.
- Translate data, competitive analysis and partner feedback into relevant user-centered design goals.
- Establish UX and UI guidelines, design principles and best practices such as heuristic evaluations/usability standards, archetype development, experience journey maps, prototyping, and user testing.
- Guide the creation of a design system to support UI scalability, flexibility and consistency
- Drive UX & UI deliverables for a distributed design team by setting direction, identifying priorities, assigning resources, tracking progress and critiquing designs for quality.
- Guide user research studies and the implementation of KPI’s to measure performance data and validate solutions.
- Lead junior and senior designers to bring out their best work and grow their capabilities.
What You’ll Need
- 7+ years of design experience with at least 3 years leading a team
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals—interaction design, visual design, brand application, prototyping and design thinking process—with an appetite for learning new technologies
- The ability to present and rationalize design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences including executives, using these opportunities to educate and promote.
- Experience designing complex consumer-facing, entertainment or social products
- A portfolio of shipped products from ideation to release with mobile examples
- Expert knowledge of mobile design patterns and heuristics
- Understanding of user research methodologies and user data analysis
- Degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering or related HCI discipline, or demonstrated proficiency as a user experience designer, interaction designer, interface designer, product designer or similar role.
- A passion for games
- Game development experience with UX and UI pipelines
- Unity experience
Community / Marketing Title: Experience Design Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-08 23:47:52.287
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.