Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159299
Position Title: DD I
The EA Sports Mobile Team is a division of EA SPORTS which crafts high quality mobile games, focused on delivering high-quality, immersive experiences crafted to fit lifestyle of mobile gamers. EA Sports Mobile currently operates in Vancouver, British Columbia, Orlando, Florida, and Bucharest, Romania.
The Challenge Ahead
The EA Sports Mobile team is now on the hunt for a Development Director in Vancouver with proven managerial, leadership and development skills. In close partnership with producers and quality assurance teams, you will need to manage multiple concurrent projects ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery in a rapidly evolving and fast-paced environment. You must be meticulous, detail-oriented and able to multitask efficiently as well as be able to bring sound business judgment when making project decisions.
What the Development Director will Achieve at EA:
- Collaborate with multiple studios to develop and plan schedules based on project goals
- Determine dependencies and priorities between tasks in partnership with publishing teams
- Monitor progress of projects within assigned budgets
- Communicate project plan and progress to team and customers
- Liaise with internal and external groups on project issues
- Review project status reports and provide feedback to teams
- Apply standardized methodology agreed with all partners and enforce it with teams
- Be accountable for the committed deadlines & budgets
Professional Abilities You’ll Demonstrate:
- Consistently acknowledge and appreciate each team member's contributions
- Keep track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members
- Mitigate team conflict and communication problems.
- Set and manages client expectations
- Build a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives
Skills and Experience you bring the team:
- 3+ years experience working within technology industries
- 2+ years experience in project management
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in mobile or gaming industry highly desirable
- Expert knowledge of the use of Microsoft office suite of tools
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-08 20:47:28.87
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.