Software Engineer Intern
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 159276
Position Title: Intern General
As an intern at Maxis Texas, you’ll collaborate with an experienced game team in the fast-paced development of a new multiplatform game.
While on our team, you will learn and experience multiple technologies and platforms, non-relational databases, complex toolchains, and game scripting. You’ll be involved in our SCRUM process and will gain the experience of what it is like to work on a multi-discipline team.
You’ll have opportunities to create game content and features to be a part of a completely new game.
- Develop game features or tools for cross-platform games
- Operate and deliver in a fast-paced and dynamic environment while meeting high-quality standards
- Follow best practices to maximize game performance across multiples devices and platforms
- Partner with art and design to create delightful player experiences and engaging game mechanics
- Collaborate with fellow developers to create systems, technology, and tools
- We are only considering students who will be enrolled in a bachelors or masters program in the summer of 2020, slated to graduate in fall of 2020 or spring of 2021
- BS or MS program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with a programming emphasis
- Understand computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented design
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- A passion for gaming technology and creating great player experiences
- Experience with a major game engine (Unity or Unreal Engine)
- Familiarity with some of the following: C++, Python, C#
- Passion for video games
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer Intern
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-06 19:13:29.253
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.