Associate Quality Designer - Frostbite
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159242
Position Title: Quality Designer I
Associate Quality Designer - Frostbite Vancouver
Frostbite is the one engine for Electronic Arts and through our unique development challenges, we aim to produce a functional, reliable, usable and high-performance product for our game developers. As a prospective employee, we wish to provide you with personal and career growth through constructive feedback, and to present you with the opportunity to collaborate with talented people situated across the globe. To help you on your journey, there will be opportunities for training courses internally and externally so that you may strengthen your skill sets.
As the Associate Quality Designer for the Frostbite Integration Team you will partner with your dev team to set, measure, and achieve quality targets. Your dev team is responsible for integrating the cutting-edge iterations of Frostbite into game team code bases across EA Studios and you will get to be the quality leader of the team and its integration responsibilities. You will partner with game teams and be their guiding force on quality process, best practices, promote knowledge sharing of common experiences between SE and QA integrators, and ultimately build a self-sufficient community. To push the quality bar of subsequent integrations higher, you will work with your dev team and their game-team partners to create feedback loops between both and the greater Frostbite Engine Team to fill the holes in process and testing between all.
EA has thousands of Frostbite users worldwide so every defect you catch and every problem you solve has wide, positive impacts. We use a range of methodologies from white box, grey box, and black box testing, and are looking to you to strengthen the quality practices and enforce consistency in your team. You will develop an in-depth understanding of product designs, get to use the Frostbite editor to create unique test cases, formulate test strategies for implementation and integration of technologies, and will identify defects as early as possible in the integration cycle.
Being an Associate Quality Designer is more than being a tester – it’s about supporting your team and growing with your colleagues. As part of an experienced cross-functional engineering team you will collaborate with your dev team partners to identify and drive workflow, process, and automation improvement opportunities, and get to formulate creative or technical solutions to the problems in front of and ahead of you. Along with planning, coordination, and testing, you will track data metrics and key performance indicators so that you and your partners can analyze, make data driven decisions, and measure the success of the choices we make. You will take lessons learned and apply them to your next iteration.
- Foster strong working relationships with development partners and other stakeholders. Proactively ensure their evolving needs are met and they are updated with pertinent information throughout the development cycle.
- Work with multiple partners external to your team and provide best practices, promote knowledge sharing, and promote self-sufficiency among them all.
- Create feedback loops between your development partners and their customers and bring the knowledge back to the greater Frostbite development and QA team so they can raise the quality bar for the engine.
- Always be looking for opportunities to improve the quality of your team’s process and workflows.
- Identify and track key performance indicators. Analyze and use data to make informed decisions.
- Partner with your QA colleagues to mitigate cross-project risks and collaborate to produce group-wide quality improvements.
- Create test plans by cross-referencing existing tests and coordinate with development partners on Release acceptance criteria.
- Ability to effectively triage issues according to urgency, severity, and risk.
- Understanding of software development processes and SDLC (Agile preferred).
- Ability to take ownership of project requirements without constant supervision.
- Moderate proficiency with software development tools like Perforce (i.e. understand concept of version control).
- Basic proficiency in development planning tools and defect tracking tools (e.g. Hansoft, JIRA, DevTrack, TestRail).
- Basic understanding of programming concepts.
- Strong testing experience.
- Extensive experience with game engines, content & asset editors, and shared technologies.
- Understanding of build systems, continuous integration, unit tests, automated functional tests, and testing frameworks.
- Experience working with external and remote teams.
- Scripting experience.
- 3+ years of QA testing experience.
- 3+ years of QA support in embedded environments.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Quality Designer - Frostbite
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-20 21:10:06.893
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.