Senior Destruction VFX Artist
Location: Pasadena, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159215
Position Title: Senior Visual Effects Artist
Industrial Toys is a AAA mobile developer founded by Halo veteran Alex Seropian. Our mission is to make games that are Mobile To The Core! We are currently working to bring cutting edge FPS gaming to your phone. If you’re interested in working with veteran mobile, console, and PC developers in creating new AAA experiences that will reach billions of mobile players around the world we would like to hear from you!
Our Senior Destruction VFX Artist will oversee the end-to-end vision for the fracturing, simulation and deployment of all destructible assets into our mobile FPS. This will require deep knowledge of fracturing and simulations techniques in Houdini and expert level understanding of the various methods to ultimately represent these assets in UE4. You will work with the environment and engineering teams to deliver on the vision of destruction all within acceptable performance metrics for a range of mobile devices. You will be reporting to the Senior Technical Artist.
- Conceptualize, design, and create destruction visual effects in Houdini and UE4 for our mobile FPS.
- Create and apply rigid body dynamics techniques to a variety of effects to simulate physical and energetic phenomenon.
- Work collaboratively with the design and environment teams to understand and execute all destruction related VFX.
- Support the Art Director and Environment Lead in the destruction vision for our mobile game.
- Work and collaborate with the key client team members (Art, Programming, Production, etc.)
- Work with and manage tasks in collaboration with external partners and vendors.
- At least 5+ years of cinematic/games production experience. You have completed more than 2 AAA or mobile games.
- You have an expert level understanding of destruction techniques in Houdini.
- You have experience with real-time visual effects editors and particle systems.
- You know how to create high-quality, optimized VFX for mobile titles and have keen eye for timing, animation, and weight.
- You have a working knowledge of Houdini, Maya, and/or other commercial 3D authoring and to create source textures and models.
- You have experience authoring in UE4 or similar real-time engine.
- You’ve worked on games before and have a thorough understanding of the game development process.
- You have strong interest in VFX and evaluate competitive products to learn from their VFX implementation solutions.
- Experience with scripting languages and shader authoring (HLSL) is a plus
- Experience as a modeler and/or texture artist or animator is a plus
- Avid gamer is a plus
Enjoy EA Industrial Toys studio benefits of:
- Spacious 19,000 sqft 10th floor office with amazing views of the San Gabriel mountains, all of Pasadena, and Los Angeles (on a clear day)
- Weekly Happy Hours, donuts and bagels.
- Full kitchen with snacks, drinks, espresso machine and nitro cold brew
- A game room with classic multi-arcade machines, modern consoles, and PC gaming stations
- Foosball, Ping-pong table, and Cornhole game
- EV charging
- Motorized sit-stand desks
- Private wellness room
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Destruction VFX Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-20 00:46:23.46
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.