UI Software Engineer
Location: Pasadena, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159187
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Industrial Toys was founded by Industry veteran Alex Seropian in 2012 with the goal of making the world’s best mobile FPS games. After being acquired by Electronic Arts in 2018, Industrial Toys has been growing fast and is looking for more people to help change the landscape of mobile games at EA and around the world. Building on hard- won knowledge as an indie studio, Industrial Toys is looking for more like-minded people who are also "Mobile To The Core!"
If you're interested in creating new experiences that will reach mobile players around the world, we would like to hear from you!
- Write new and maintain existing UI code in C++ and Unreal Engine tools to support the UI in the metagame and action-game portions of the project
- Implement and integrate UI content into the game using Unreal Engine UMG
- Profile and optimize UI performance
- Partner with UI Artists, Experience Designers and Game Designers to bring the team’s vision to life
Required Technical Skills
- Experience shipping or publishing projects in a team environment
- Proficiency in C++
- Understand client/server architecture
- You have implemented UI for at least one published video game title
- 3+ years of experience using Unreal Engine UMG to create game UI
- 3+ years of experience using iTween or similar tools to create animations to bring a UI to
- Avid gamer with a passion for creating top-quality games
- Desire to work with other game developers in a cooperative team
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- Dependability and commitment to projects/tasks
Community / Marketing Title: UI Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-18 21:15:13.42
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.