C++ Software Engineer - Frostbite
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 159159
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are EA
At EA, we have one simple vision: become the world’s greatest games company. We are a community of artists, storytellers, technologists and creative thinkers working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We’re building a company that thinks about player experience at every step. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day.
The Challenge Ahead
The worldwide Frostbite team works on cutting edge AI, rendering and physics and other essential engine features used across EA games.
The Frostbite team in Bucharest is a growing team that plays a critical role in the game engine that EA has developed to empower game makers in the company. We focus on building an outstanding, cross-platform game engine and features that directly inspire creativity in EA’s franchises such as FIFA, Battlefield and Star Wars Battlefront.
We are looking for passionate and accomplished Software Engineers to join our high caliber team in Frostbite based in Bucharest. You'll work as part of an enthusiastic team, directly engaged with game teams and other Frostbite teams around the globe to deliver outstanding innovation and performance on PC and the latest console and mobile platforms. The role will enable you to grow your experience as well the opportunity to travel to other EA locations and work directly with studios around the globe. You will report to the engineering manager and will work with product and program management functions.
For candidates with the right mix of technical experience and collaborative drive, Frostbite provides a stimulating and rewarding work environment where you can tackle truly exciting and rewarding projects that make real impact on the games enjoyed by millions.
- Collaboratively working to deliver high-quality cross-platform products in C++ in an agile development environment.
- Execute on all aspects of software engineering including testing, debugging, documentation, optimization and integration.
- Ensure our designs are simple and effective, backed up with great documentation and testing to accelerate ease of use and future maintenance of our technology.
- Work with leaders and senior team members to understand customer needs and delivering incrementally on their highest priority features and requirements.
- Provide solid estimates for new, un-scoped work.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Proficiency with C++
- Multithreaded programming and debugging experience.
- Knowledge of source code management.
- Experience working on large common code bases with contributions from multiple locations and teams
- Great collaboration abilities to work with different individuals and teams, to report progress and contribute in technical and planning discussions.
- Strong focus on software performance and testability
- Willingness to achieve mastery in multiple domains outside of primary area of expertise.
- A passion for making great products and video games.
The following would be a plus:
- Basic understanding of math and numerical methods.
- Experience in Agile software development.
- Basic exposure to other programming and scripting languages such as C# or Python
- Exposure to video game development on any platform.
- Knowledge of gaming AI and/or Physics
Our creative work ethos rewards new and different ideas. It is an environment that attracts brilliant talent from around the globe. No matter which of our studio locations you join, you'll feel the passion and support of EA's global brand, while thriving on our outstanding campuses. At EA, the excitement you feel throughout each workday is made possible by a culture that inspires you to do the best work of your career.
Community / Marketing Title: C++ Software Engineer - Frostbite
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-17 08:01:59.45
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.