Senior Development Director
Location: Sacramento, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159150
Position Title: Sr DD
“Who is EA Capital Games?”
We’re a mobile game studio located in Midtown Sacramento, home to the highly successful title Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, the most successful Star Wars mobile game ever released, charting as the #1 grossing game in over 35 countries, and one of the Top 40 grossing games in the entire world across Apple and Google.
Collectively, we are a close-knit group of passionate gamers, obsessed with the creation of genre-defining mobile RPGs, and the vibrant live services necessary to support them. Our team culture is friendly, fast-paced, results-focused, and collaborative. We take our work – but not ourselves – very seriously.
While walking the halls of our brand-new 31,000 sqft studio, you’ll hear the cacophony of epic console competitions, lively debates, and the rattle of dice thrown across a game board. Game nights, happy hours, weekend adventures, and a dog friendly atmosphere are all elements of who we are.
As a Sr. Development Director, you’ll play a vital role in the management of a game team and its operation, shepherding the team from one project phase to the next, while focusing on predictability, resourcing, risk management, cost monitoring, operational optimization, and collaboration.
As a part of the leadership team, you’ll leverage your highly developed relationship building acumen and operational skills to establish credibility amongst studio members, EA partners, and IP licensors.
- Foster an engaging and fulfilling work environment
- Respond to team health metrics to ensure minimal attrition
- Own the facilitation and execution of the game development process
- Establish the development approach and its governance
- Monitor project metrics as indicators of predictability, efficiency, and quality
- Creatively tackle challenges that threaten these KPIs
- Partner with Production to synchronize product scope and team capacity
- Build operational plans to ensure key milestones and deliverables are realized
- Assess development team performance, and optimize through process tailoring, restructuring, and resourcing
- Align the team’s focus with the established studio strategies and objectives
- Identify, catalog, and prioritize risks and opportunities, executing against them to move the organization forward
- Provide mentoring and career coaching to your direct reports and broader team members
- 10+ years of operational leadership experience on projects of “significant size”
- I.e., projects with large distributed and collocated teams, multi-year schedules, and $10MM+ budgets
- Deep project management knowledge, acquired through years of hands-on experience
- Experienced with AAA game franchises or comparable consumer software products
- Intimate familiarity with Agile methodologies, principles, and lexicon
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills (+ a strong EQ)
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to decipher complex multivariate problems
“Tell me about Sacramento.”
Sacramento hosts an approachable metropolitan lifestyle, where home can be established for anyone from the singleton who wants to live downtown, to the family whose top priorities are a yard and great schools, all within a reasonable commute to our studio. The city fosters a vibrant urban culture through weekend street festivals, professional sports teams, bustling farmer’s markets, wonderful eateries, and award-winning craft breweries and coffee roasters. If connecting with nature is more your vibe, the Sierras are in our backyard in addition to many local hiking and biking trails.
“What’s in it for me?”
Glad you asked! We love to brag about our great perks like free food, hosted happy hours, annual camping adventures, comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, company matched retirement, and many others! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Development Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-19 21:55:58.567
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.