Tools Software Engineer - EA Sports DevOps
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159142
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that
The Challenge Ahead:
Our EA Sports DevOps department is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team. We are looking for candidates with experience in designing software and tools for large-scale environments.
You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results. We ask that you have excellent software design experience. You will also be involved in some on-call support responsibilities.
What this Software Engineer will do at EA:
- You will have to understand requirements and write technical design specifications
- Be a part of the software design and architecture process
- Understand how to work with 3rd party software
- Work with people on a large global team
- Be "on-call" when needed to support software and tools during feature launches, live events, and emergency escalations
- Document proper usage of software and tools for DevOps Engineers
The next great EA Software Engineer also needs:
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent required
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the following languages: Python, C#, Java
- Working knowledge of designing tools, APIs, and basic GUI
- Working knowledge of software development life-cycle and source code version control systems
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a DevOps organization
- Hands-on experience with deployment, configuration management, and automation technologies (Ansible, Jenkins, Chef, Docker, and Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of networking concepts and technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, load balancing)
- Experience working in both cloud-based and non-cloud based environments
We thought you might also want to know:
The benefits and perks of working for EA
Community / Marketing Title: Tools Software Engineer - EA Sports DevOps
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-17 22:31:59.96
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.