Summer 2020: Product Marketing Intern (MBA)
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159105
Position Title: Intern General
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world’s greatest games. Our team is driving the strategy and implementation of important initiatives for EA’s community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These initiatives include: EA Access, our cross-platform subscription currently on Origin, PS4, Xbox One and soon on Steam: Origin, EA’s gaming service on PC; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
About the Team
Joining EAX means joining the team shaping EA’s subscription services now spanning three major platforms; building consumer experiences that power EA’s games and enabling more personalized, socially connected, and frictionless experiences; and expanding our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud and beyond so our players can get into the games they want to play and stay connected while playing. We like to say that ‘we see farther’, and are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
We are looking for amazing people diverse in thought, perspective, and culture to join our team. We check our egos at the door, roll up our sleeves, work hard, move fast, and support each other.
Our days are never the same and there are countless opportunities to learn new skills. Since we work with many teams and we have a broad reach, the Product Marketing Intern will have a great chance to get firsthand knowledge of how the industry works.
This project based role will require you to bring your unique perspective to the team. Learning from some of the smartest people in the business, we expect you to take full advantage of the resources we have to make EA’s subscription business better. In this role, you will work with a manager and mentor to guide you through the various projects and initiatives digging deep into the day to day work of our full time employees.
You’re someone with a proven track record for:
- Being a strong team player, focused on delivering results
- You’re comfortable with a fast-paced, always changing, agile environment
- Being a solid communicator with a demonstrated ability to partner, collaborate, and engage stakeholders effectively
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
- Marketing, Communications, or Business major preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word)
- Experience with Google Suite (Drive, Docs)
- Proven written & verbal communication skills
- Proven organization skills & attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and be a team player
- Eagerness to learn
- Proactive approach
- Enjoys fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Passion for gaming and a high level understanding of the gaming ecosystem
In a typical week, you could be…
- Creating a competitive teardown of a gaming platform or service and presenting to various teams
- Working with designated marketing team members on assigned tasks and projects
- Supporting commercial initiatives and helping to prioritize future product roadmaps
- Collaborate with other interns on a team assignment and present to leadership
- Partner with a mentor to enhance your knowledge of EA and the gaming industry
- Play a pre-launched game and provide feedback on your experience
You’ll build relationships and work with…
- Members for our development team
- Content Programming and Management Team
- Marketing and Communications team
- Insights and Analytics team
We have a strong preference for candidates who have the ability to accept a full time position at the end of the internship.
At EA, we believe in the potential of every human being. We celebrate diversity of thought, cultural differences, lifestyle, age, background, experience, religion, economic and social status, gender identity and marital status. Building a culture of inclusion allows us to create experiences for our people, culture, and community.
- On the job training available
- Mentorships are encouraged
- We work hard and play hard and respect the need for work/life balance
Community / Marketing Title: Summer 2020: Product Marketing Intern (MBA)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-20 15:35:07.903
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.