Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159077
Position Title: Software Engineer II
EA -- Software Engineer II
Join us for an opportunity to work with some of the best game development teams in the world. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the quality verification team at EA Redwood Shores.
You will always use creative thinking in quality and design through tools and automation. You will write code to test the EA games using automation frameworks, create and improve our test automation environment, and maintain and develop tools for multiple studio teams.
You would bring experienced programming skills, work on all portions of a technology stack and assess and estimate tasks. We ask that you have a personality type that is outgoing, dynamic, enthusiastic in an environment where you would network across many groups and individuals in both the development and quality verification domains to build and maintain excellent relationships and communications channels.
Join a team where you make direct impact to our games every day and are challenged and supported to grow and evolve as an engineer! Check out this video for more information on the discipline: https://youtu.be/vr121jg7OVE
- Work with development and quality verification teams in an Agile Scrum environment to design, develop, deliver, own and improve reliable tools and platforms
- Build, extend and maintain automation frameworks, tools, and processes used across studios
- Instrument games and tools to enable automation and the collection of run-time metrics
- Coordination with offsite teams on delivering test automation results, from implementation to execution
- Design and deliver new tools to support development and quality verification goals
- As needed, maintain test libraries and scripts and device testing hardware
- Uphold high quality standards through knowledge sharing activities within the EA-wide quality engineering community
- 4+ years of professional experience with Object-oriented Programming Languages, such as C# and C++
- 2+ years professional experience developing GUI tools, and knowledge of relevant frameworks (Qt, WPF, Xamarin, Electron) OR experience creating web interfaces (TypeScript, AngularJS)
- 1+ years of professional experience working with relational databases (SQL) and reporting/visualizing large datasets
- Fast prototyping skills and proficiency with scripting languages such as Python or lua
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in algorithms, data structures, and software design
- Software development knowledge, design patterns, writing clean re-useable code, test-driven development, and continuous integration/deployment
- Experience participating in all aspects of Scrum: planning, daily engagement, and retrospectives
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with diverse teams (ex. design, art, QA, data analysts)
- A love for making and playing games, and passion for quality in everything we do
- Experience with iOS or Android software development (or PS4/Xbox console equivalent)
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI system
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with visual scripting and Behavior-driven Development practices
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-14 17:20:07.173
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.