Senior Lighting Artist
Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 159061
Position Title: Senior Lighter
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
We work on many projects across our EA titles
The Challenge Ahead:
EA is looking for a mid-senior Lighting Artist to join the team at our Guildford studio.
Lighting artists create atmosphere, add realism, tone, depth and emphasise drama or narrative while also establishing and clarifying location, weather, time of day, etc. Lighting artists execute their work by applying their technical knowledge and their strong sense of aesthetics to light environments and scenes that meet the expectations of the art director and run within budget of the game engine.
What a Lighting artist does at EA:
You will work on lighting a variety of different environments, from small levels to open worlds and cinematic lighting. Your eye for composition and knowledge of the lighting craft to create atmosphere will be important to setting the look and feel of almost every pixel in the game.
You should have experience with a game engine (e.g. Unreal, etc.) demonstrating a solid understanding of rendering, lighting and shading networks as well as strong troubleshooting and debugging skills.
You should also understand the characteristics of light and how it is simulated in a CG environment; being able to work from reference materials, identifying and translating key lighting details.
As part of a distributed team we place enormous value on communication, collaboration, flexibility and passion.
A Lighting Artist also needs:
- Excellent knowledge of lighting, shading and PBR for realtime and offline including optimisation for performance and quality (e.g. UE4, Marmoset, Vray, Arnold, Redshift).
- The skills to analyse and deconstruct images artistically and technically.
- Experience of reference capture and building photo real CGI.
- Experience implementing lighting and shading in a 3D Software package (e.g. Maya, 3dsmax, Houdini, Substance).
- Good understanding of cinematography and photography; the use of camera technology, composition and lighting to set the mood.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Great compensation package plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know:
We’re based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
Our office is a short walk from the train station and town centre.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/guildford
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Lighting Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-12 17:29:45.723
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.