Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159056
Position Title: Software Engineer III
The Software Engineer role is responsible for collaborating with QA and development to identify and create tools, strategies, and automation, targeted toward improving game infrastructure and increasing efficiencies in the QA process. This person needs to have senior experience as they will play a key role in ensuring seamless consumer experience by focusing on upstream quality and targeting defect prevention and containment by assisting with generation and analysis of testing strategies, improving automation efforts, white box testing, identifying new testing technologies and developing new tools for testing and tracking purposes.
Driving technology usage and support:
- Working with QA analysts to identify areas of improvement through new tools and automation strategies.
- Design, develop and deploy internal software tools.
- Build, test, and deploy solutions that support automation deliverables.
- Support an increased adoption of automation and tools within game teams. Aid in the identification and requirements gathering for new tools.
- Identify and recommend debug and telemetry enhancements to aid testing.
- Providing debug support and technical expertise to other engineers on our teams.
- Participating in knowledge sharing sessions and increasing knowledge of existing tools, automation and testing processes.
- Risk analysis of new features – impact and scope.
- Assist with prioritizing bug fixing efforts and areas of test focus.
- White box testing.
Partner with QA project management to:
- Proactively contribute to the test and technology strategies of the QA group.
- Escalate risks and recommend upstream tools, automation and processes.
- Proactively analyze metrics, trends and test process to provide meaningful statistics with sound reasoning.
- Provide performance results analysis on current processes and infrastructures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional experience with a focus on concepts, language varieties. Experience with C#, Java, C++ and/or other comparative programming language. Deep C# knowledge and experience is a must for this role.
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle, practices and software engineering methodologies and their application to both development and QA.
- Excellent understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures.
- Web-based systems experience an asset.
- Scripting experience with Python, Perl, PHP, or Lua an asset.
- Preferred knowledge in gaming consoles or embedded systems.
- Successfully interface with internal customers with a diverse set of backgrounds and needs - able to speak their language, appreciate their challenges, and maintain their respect.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of technical writing concepts and experience an asset.
- Experience using MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proactive in completing tasks and escalating issues appropriately.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent observational and organizational skills – detail oriented.
- Creativity and logical thinking: can find ingenious solutions to problems.
- Adaptability/flexibility: not afraid of change and strives for it if it's for the good of the project - is not afraid to try new things and possibly fail.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-17 23:44:36.407
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.