Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 159037
Position Title: DD I
The EA - FIFA team is searching for a Development Director to help us create the next FIFA, the most popular video game in the world. A game like FIFA consists of many features, and a Development Director ensures the delivery of one or more game features, on time, and within budget.
What a Development Director does:
- You oversee the delivery of one or more features while collaborating with colleagues across the largest EA studios in the world.
- You work with FIFA development teams generally consisting of Software Engineers, Animators, Artists and Designers.
- Anticipate bottlenecks and provide management escalation
- Track and implement project improvement plans to promote team efficiency and quality improvements
- Identify and see all risks towards resolution.
- Create goals for the team.
- Conduct regular one-to-ones to allow team members to raise issues, questions, achievements, and follow up on the goals.
- Conduct annual performance review preparation (calibration) with peers and management.
- Resolve any issues, disputes within the team in a collaborative way, ensuring team satisfaction and motivation.
We are looking for:
- A Development Director must have 4+ years Project Manager or Project Lead experience, and 3+ years of people management
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following areas: Computer Science, Game Production/Development, Business, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), tools, and processes.
- Proficient in bug tracking tools (e.g. DevTrack, JIRA), project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project, Hansoft).
- Experience working with broad diverse teams.
- Strong communication, and mediation conflict resolution skills.
What’s in it for you?
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Who WE are?
We are EA Romania … and we make games – how thrilling is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
Are you ready to join the game?
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-12 08:46:46.833
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.