Sr. Business Analyst, Sports Analytics HD
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 159024
Position Title: Senior Analyst
Sr. Business Analyst
Sports Analytics – NHL / UFC HD
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The Challenge Ahead:
As a Sr Business Analyst, you will play a key role in analyzing data to improve the player experience for our Sports titles, primarily UFC and NHL console games. You should be a sharp, curious, and analytical individual who has a passion for diving into data. Your insights will influence game and live services design to drive improved acquisition, retention, and monetization via partnerships with Dev Teams, Marketing and Global Analytics and Insights team members around the world.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Support game development and marketing strategies for NHL / UFC HD through fact-based data-driven insights and analysis.
- Evaluate experiments and find new opportunities to explore data to improve the consumer experience, improve the product, and drive player engagement.
- Enable real time content and promotional decisions for Live game modes using analysis and reports.
- Partner with BI and reporting teams to develop requirements for dashboards, data cubes, and reports for stakeholders.
- Work with key stakeholders to evaluate ROI for new products, marketing strategies, licensing and other initiatives.
- Become subject matter expert in content strategies for game modes with cosmetic and customization features.
- Lead and represent analytics delivery for a product via weekly meetings and communication to Executives.
- Define segmentation groupings and build propensity models that predict churn, engagement, and other user behaviors.
- Teach power users how to optimize the use of dashboards and data cubes.
- Work with key stakeholders to implement the right tracking/telemetry in our Sports titles, in an iterative way so that our knowledge continues to evolve.
- Maintain forecast models for Live game modes and other digital products, working with game producers, marketing, and finance.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3+ years of relevant hands on experience, preferably in gaming, banking, consulting, telecom or retail.
- Advanced SQL skills: including extensive experience querying large, complex data sets.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Intermediate experience with a data visualization software package, e.g. Tableau.
- Intermediate experience with a statistical software package and language, e.g. Python or R.
- Expert knowledge of Excel including pivot tables, charts, and advanced formulas for data manipulation.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to meet changing deadlines and priorities on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Team player and self-starter with the ability to liaise with multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, and/or Engineering Sciences.
- Passion for videogames is preferred.
- Passion for sports a plus.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Business Analyst, Sports Analytics HD
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-10 00:59:08.867
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.