Sr. Manager, People Practices (Human Resources)
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 159021
Position Title: Principal HRBP
Sr. Manager People Practices
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re innovators and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
The Challenge Ahead:
EA is looking for a highly motivated and results-driven HR professional to join our People Practices team based in Austin, Texas. This role will report into the Director, People Practices South/SouthEast.
Our People Practices Partners are passionate about delivering simple and awesome people experiences while delivering programs and support in meaningful and efficient ways. In this role, you will be leading a team of People Practice Partners and connecting with employees, empowering people managers, supporting team effectiveness and engagement initiatives, planning and delivering people programs, and being a cultural steward for EA.
What the Sr. Manager, People Practices does at EA:
- Coaching:Partners closely with employees and managers as a thought leader on business issues that have people implications to provide candid, unbiased coaching and counsel to enhance manager effectiveness and improve individual and team capabilities
- Collaboration:Builds effective relationships and collaborates with internal partners including business leaders and People Experience and COE partners to deliver simple and effective programs and people practices for the business/region; develops creative and enhanced solutions for complex project or program related needs; proactively shares business needs with COEs and other partners and influences stakeholders to adopt consistent, scalable, repeatable solutions
- Talent Readiness:Promote talent programs including talent planning, performance management, career and development in partnership with COE partners and People Experience Business Partners to attract, retain, and develop key talent
- Insights & Analytics:Proactively identifies opportunities to use HR technology and business intelligence to provide data-driven insights that ensure sound results. Educate management on workforce analysis, headcount planning and related People Experience metrics to assess and influence / drive our decisions; Shares insights and institutes best practices across the region
- Business Acumen: Understands client and market business models/cycles, priorities and cultural nuances as an input into operational strategy and execution; Identifies and shares ongoing talent insights to achieve our goals
- Program & Project Leadership:Drives talent initiatives and programs across multiple client groups and regions including engagement, talent management and performance review and compensation programs; develops creative and enhanced solutions for complex project or program related needs
- Change Management:Defines and drives complex change initiatives across client groups and supports our ability to change by developing the capacity and readiness for change through coaching management on planning and communications and ensuring change acceptance
- Rewards Management:Facilitates creative approaches to employee recognition and rewards that attract and retain diverse talent and reflect EA’s philosophy and growth plans; Supports the successful implementation of performance and compensation life-cycle across all assigned client group(s)/regions
- Cultural Steward:Leads work with managers, employees and COEs to develop overall capability to foster a healthy, cohesive, collaborative, fun, fair and equitable workplace
- People Management: Hires, coaches, develops and rewards a team of People Practice Partners in the Southwest Region. Provides informal leadership to other team members through matrixed relationships.
The next great People Practices Sr. Manager at EA also needs to have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field combined with a minimum of 10 years progressive experience as an HR partner
- Experience applying data and data-driven insights to support the business
- Experience as a HR business partner, who is equally a builder of HR solutions based on HR best practices and an astute business member who employs solutions that affect the current and future performance of the business
- Experience in coaching and development, change management, and overall talent management
- Strong change management skills - comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, able to methodically work through complex problems, set priorities and build on commitments
- Outstanding program and project leadership and delivery experience; overseeing region-wide, high impact talent programs across the business
- Good understanding of local employment law combined with the ability to gain a high-level understanding of regional employment customs and practices
- Passion for creating healthy organizations, driving transformation and helping culture be a competitive advantage
- Demonstrated success in hiring, coaching, developing, and rewarding teams
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Manager, People Practices (Human Resources)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-13 18:47:03.257
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.