Executive Producer (Apex Legends)
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159012
Position Title: Executive Producer
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that aspires to create hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. We are gameplay and player focused, and believe that every discipline plays a crucial part in helping create a great gaming experience. We endeavor to challenge and exceed expectations; aiming to ensure our players have an amazing experience every time they play our games. We create and nurture a family culture where trust and support for one another empower our talented developers to achieve more together. Our games include the critically acclaimed Apex Legends, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond (VR), and the Titanfall franchise.
We’re looking for an experienced Executive Producer who'll report to our VP Strategy and Studio Operations and who will embrace our philosophy and share your hard earned expertise to help us create an incredible experience for our players. We’re picturing someone who has a track record and passion for developing and launching AAA games and can oversee production from a studio development perspective.
The Executive Producer will manage their Production team, anchor communication across the development team, manage cross-functional workflow-considerations and risks, and help the project hit its development goals. If this sounds like you, we're looking forward to seeing your resume!
What you’ll do...
- Perform as the head of Production for the project. Help ensure smooth development processes by making sure development efforts are on point and by acting as a conduit of communication across development.
- Work with executives, directors, and department leads to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Collaborate with leadership at EA and other external partners.
- Work with finance and other partners regarding budget, headcount, and timelines for project.
- Foster our development culture which provides continuous feedback, support, and empowerment.
- Oversee project schedules, productivity towards milestones, and production pathways. Monitor overall development and budgetary considerations.
- Raise awareness of issues, and help remove roadblocks.
- Work with the Production team and department leads, keeping them informed of any issues or needs.
- Identify and help alleviate any discrepancies across production efforts. Keep track of requirements and address red flags as needed.
- Monitor Production’s handling of feature requests and feasibility based on overall development needs.
- Combat inertia, be a force to keep moving things forward.
- Evaluate and iterate to improve development processes.
- Provide leadership to Production team with a focus on mentorship and long-term career growth.
- Be a vocal ambassador for the product and team in both internal and external scenarios.
You will have...
Experience as an Executive Producer seeing a AAA game/s through the full development cycle, from concept to ship.
8+ years’ experience as an embedded member of a studio development team is ideal.
Experience supervising and developing a team of direct reports.
Excellent understanding of the function and relationship between the different departments of game development.
Exceptional knowledge/experience with scheduling and project tracking software (Excel, MS Project, JIRA.)
Deep and demonstrable knowledge of game development.
Experience with predicting/catching issues before they come up.
Outstanding risk management abilities. Stay ahead of any potential problems and propose sound solutions.
Commitment to knowing everything that's happening with the game, playtesting, etc.
Familiarity with bug reporting and related software.
Ability to build strong partnerships at every level. The kind of person that people want to work for and work with.
People skills. Empathy for fixing the problems of others, respect for others’ time.
Intense passion for video games.
Community / Marketing Title: Executive Producer (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-10 00:26:27.8
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.