2D Artist II
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 158997
Position Title: Artist 2
2D Game Artist
We’re EA - developers of world-renowned games such as —Madden NFL, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Battlefield, Star Wars, and Plants vs. Zombies. We are committed to creating games for every platform—from PC to Console to Mobile. We pride ourselves in delivering engaging, accessible, high-quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
Slingshot Games, a division of Electronic Arts India, is one of EA Mobile’s valued studios and is home to some of the most talented teams comprising of Design, Art, Engineering, Production, Product Management, Analytics, and Community & Marketing individuals.
Our vision is to be EA Mobile’s center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market. Here are the values we truly believe in:
- Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
- Ownership – Get things done
- Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
- Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
- Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
If you have the passion for playing and making games, we'd love to hear from you and explore opportunities for a Game Artist position we have in our studio!
Your job will be to create fantastic illustrations and concepts for our live games! You will work very closely with the Product Owner, Creative Director, Product Managers and Game Designers where both your creativity and technical skills will help shape and improve our games.
You will have a thorough knowledge of what good art looks like and can drive your vision forward.
Here is what we expect you to do:
- Work with the Art Director to create art assets for both new and existing IP.
- Create game-ready production assets based on concept briefs and direction (including but not limited to background, scene objects, clothing, animations, etc.)
- Follow production pipeline, ensure production art is created efficiently, and effectively integrated into products
- 3+ years of industry experience (experience in mobile games and/or social games a plus, experience with iOS games double-plus-good)
- Experience working with a variety of casual, approachable art styles and style guides
- A proven track record of art assets on projects that have made it to market (especially game projects)
- Excellent 2D art and illustration skills
- Superior background art and character art in a range of casual styles
- Organized, meticulous, and thorough working habits
- Superior verbal communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to pick up new technical skills and concepts quickly
- Ability to match various existing art styles and strongly differentiate between styles
- Some knowledge of contemporary fashion and/or interior design is an asset
- You have a passion for games, and a desire to be part of the future of mobile social games
- You're versatile, flexible, and willing to do what's needed in a fast-moving environment
- An interest in pop culture, celebrities, and fashion is a serious bonus!!
- Degree or diploma in illustration, animation, or related field; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience Skills
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, flash.
- Good organization skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Excellent English communication skills (spoken and written).
- Coaching/mentoring skills.
- Considerable understanding of video games and broad video game culture.
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Willingness to go that extra mile to support game development process on various fronts.
Community / Marketing Title: 2D Artist II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-09 03:30:17.717
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.