Online Software Engineer - FUT
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 158968
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that
The Challenge Ahead:
The Online Engineer is involved in the whole creation process from architecture design, implementation, debugging, and tuning on multiple platforms and device, working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in the Online and Game Modes domain. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
What this Software Engineer will do at EA:
- Hands-on coding (C++); requirements gathering and designing new tech; maintain/build/own a tech module
- Experience with 3rd party software APIs
- Design and document technical designs for Online multiplayer Game Modes systems
- Work with a proprietary engine to develop stable, scalable, efficient and shareable code
- Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely
- Use of common software engineering design patterns and paradigms
The next great EA Software Engineer also needs:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Proficiency with C++ and experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience with Client/Server, Peer-to-Peer and multi-threaded architectures
- Experience with modern Database technologies
- Knowledge of networking protocols
- Knowledge of good software programming practices
Nice to have:
- 2+ years experience working on Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo game consoles or other embedded systems.
- Experience of real-time game networking
- Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools
- Experience with source control systems
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and interpreted languages (C#)
- Knowledge of Online multiplayer / Game modes
- Knowledge of server scalability and server security
We thought you might also want to know:
- The benefits and perks of working for EA
Community / Marketing Title: Online Software Engineer - FUT
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-16 21:41:03.737
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.