Cinematic Technical Artist
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 158953
Position Title: Cinematic Artist II
Marcom – Technical Artist | Cinematics
At EA we are a community of artists, storytellers, technologists, and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day.
The Tech Artist acts as a bridge between the Artists and Programmers, ensuring the art content and features are easily integrated into the engine while respecting the artistic vision and technical constraints of the project. Identify and develop processes and occasionally the tools that will optimize the current production workflow
- Experience producing world-class assets
- Strong understanding of game development frameworks and methodologies
- Experience with real-time workflows and the technical hurdles/limitations associated
- Ability to adapt throughout artistic and technical constraints to create tools, processes to ensure a fast and effective workflow for the artists on a per-project basis
- Displays effective problem-solving skills to work efficiently between engines and the challenges that arise within tight deadlines
- Adapt to artistic and technical constraints to create tools, processes to ensure a fast and effective workflow for the artists on a per-project basis
- Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers regarding asset performance and validation
- Review the creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements (per project)
- Solve technical issues in the 3d asset pipeline
- Collaborate with partner studios to share technology and best practices
- Work with artists and programmers to create 3D art - making sure assets are integrated at its highest quality
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a digital art content creation pipeline, ideally the video game industry with a focus on cinematics
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Showcases an attention to detail
- Strong listening skills
- Ability to adjust work based on detailed feedback and direction
Would be a plus
- Experience developing custom tools for Digital content creation (DCC)
- Knowledge of high-level coding language. (Python, C#, etc)
- Experience with Shader development within a game engine(Unreal, Unity, Frostbite)
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: Cinematic Technical Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-10 18:18:43.77
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.