DICE: Game Designer (Systems/Weapons)
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 158949
Position Title: Game Designer I
We are DICE
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Battlefront franchise, and the innovative game Mirror’s Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. We recognize that our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated in providing everyone the ability to express, learn, and be their very best with a common cause.
What does DICE look for?
We are now looking for a Game Designer with special interest in game systems and weapons. You will design and implement new content using existing systems and contributing to or design new systems. You will work in a cross disciplinary team together with animators, 3D artists, sound designers and software engineers. You will report to a Design Craft manager and on your project you will be managed by a lead designer.
You have a passion for games and a good understanding of the players and their motivation. So, if you are looking for working with the very best in the industry and in a highly creative environment, send us your application today!
Essential duties and Responsibilities
- Create and implement different design elements into the game such as weapons, abilities or game objects.
- Design, prototype, and balance game systems
- Aspire to create new game systems that can push the product further.
- Create and maintain documentation of systems
- Keep up-to-date with new trends and styles in the industry
- Work with the player in mind, make designs that center around the players experience
- Aspire to create holistic designs where systems and subsystems work together to make a whole that is more than the sum of its parts
Required Skills & Experience:
- Relevant education and diploma (Game Design, Computer Science, engineering etc)
- Good understanding or interest in historical combat and weapons systems.
- 2+ years experience in game design, and game systems design
- Hands-on experience in game engines
- Competence in algebra and good knowledge in Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Experience creating games or concepts
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members from different locations and different disciplines.
- Excellent documentation skills
- Be comfortable with iterative design and adjusting until quality is achieved
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong English is a must
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and crossfit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with pension; ITP 1 or ITP2.
Although we enjoy working at DICE, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Apply online with a resume and cover letter. As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test.
Community / Marketing Title: DICE: Game Designer (Systems/Weapons)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-13 14:36:23.273
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.