Client Software Engineer - FUT
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 158942
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that
The Challenge Ahead:
As Software Engineer you will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
What this Software Engineer will do at EA:
- Research cutting-edge algorithms and techniques
- Write technical design specifications
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code
- Create tools, features and engine components to required coding standards
- Profiling and optimizing software components of a game
- Create leading edge reusable technologies; both backend and frontend expertise is required
The next great EA Software Engineer also needs:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Proficiency with C++ (Visual C++ or Visual .NET recommended)
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization
Nice to have:
- Experience shipping console or large-scale mobile game
- Knowledge with assembler (MIPS, VU Code), scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C#.
- Experience in test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently.
- Understanding of a core domain such as rendering, AI, audio, online, user interfaces, multi-processor systems
We thought you might also want to know:
The benefits and perks of working for EA
Community / Marketing Title: Client Software Engineer - FUT
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-10 22:57:06.11
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.