Senior Tools & Automation Software Engineer - Sports
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 158925
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are EA!
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging, and that’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Software Engineer role collaborates with QA and Development to create tools, automation and technical strategies with the goals of improving game infrastructure and increasing efficiencies in the QA process. You need to have senior experience as they will help ensure a seamless consumer experience focusing on upstream quality and targeting defect prevention and containment. You will report to the Quality Engineering technology leader, who will help you identify new technologies and develop new tools for testing and tracking purposes. You will also help create testing strategies, improving automation efforts and white box testing,
Guide technology usage and support:
- You will collaborate with Dev and QA partners to identify areas for improvement through new tools and automation strategies.
- Deploy internal software tools.
- Build, test, and deploy solutions that support automation deliverables.
- Support an increased adoption of automation and tools within game teams. Aid in the identification and requirements gathering for new tools.
- Identify and recommend debug and telemetry enhancements to aid testing.
- Provide technical expertise and debug support to other engineers on our teams.
- Participate in knowledge sharing sessions - increasing knowledge of existing tools, automation and testing processes.
- Perform risk analysis of new features – identifying impact and scope.
- Help promote bug fixing efforts and identifying areas of test focus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional experience with a focus on concepts and language varieties
- 5+ years of professional experience with C#, Java, C++ (deep C# experience is an essential requirement for this role).
- Understand the software development life cycle, software engineering methodologies and practices, and their application to both development and QA.
- Understand software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes.
- Web-based systems experience an asset.
- Scripting experience with Python, PHP, or Lua is an asset.
- Technical writing experience is an asset.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Tools & Automation Software Engineer - Sports
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-03 17:13:52.53
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.