Associate Quality Designer
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 158922
Position Title: Associate Quality Designer
Main Purpose of the Role
The Associate Quality Designer is responsible for overseeing a wide range of tests to ensure the software meets our players expectations, which includes the following: setting and aligning on test scope and objectives, monitoring test coverage and evaluating the overall quality of targeted test items. This position serves as the organizational expert in software testing, the voice of quality for an assigned feature, area or project.
The Associate Quality Designer champions best practice and innovation in testing, playing a vital role in ensuring testing practices or processes are up-to-date, accurate and forward thinking. They are also responsible for delivering defined testing procedures, conducting documentation reviews, delivering software testing expertise and answering queries from stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Project Managers & Quality Designers to help define and deliver the quality verification test strategy.
- Become the Subject Matter Expert for the area being analyzed. Be the central contact person for multiple the assigned area/project.
- Practice an advanced use and manipulation of test tools (or driving the vision/concept for new tools that have been developed/acquired)
- Review database issues and consider the level of severity and publish/respond to issues where required while working closely with the Project Manager.
- Collaborate with peers and senior individual contributors to identify efficiency opportunities and success rate, supported by available data. Look for innovative new data tracking in order to support further transformation of QV testing practices.
- Be the voice of quality for the product by providing qualitative or design feedback, technical solutions prior to integration from a player perspective.
- Leverage real user analytics to drive improved test strategies that focus on improving key features and user paths.
- Create task breakdown and estimates during the early planning stage of development for owned domain.
Experience and Knowledge:
- 3+ years of experience with and knowledge of software testing processes, automated testing, testing technique, test case design and execution.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are needed to communicate complex technical information to different teams and stakeholders, within and outside of the quality verification team.
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle, milestone requirements and QV role at each stage.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively within a team, or alone when necessary.
- Strong attention to detail and has demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems skills and the ability to come up and communicate quick and creative solutions.
- Knowledge of Console / PC platforms and familiarity with Compliance & Certification requirements.
Strong preference will be given to candidates with:
- Relevant work experience.
- Solid understanding of quality assurance principles & practices, particularly within an agile software development environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Quality Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-04 11:55:56.873
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.