Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 158918
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are EA!
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
About the Development and Release Engineering Team
Ever wondered how dozens of people work collaboratively and simultaneously to develop a complex game? In EA this is facilitated by us, the Development and Release Engineering (DRE) team. Our domain is at the intersection of DevOps, Release Management, Build Engineering, and Production Support. We run services that empower development teams around the world, enabling EA to ship great games.
We develop and run Continuous Integration (CI) systems to provide fast and reliable automated feedback on the production readiness of a game every time there’s a change in any part of the system (code, art, audio or production infrastructure). We are EA’s subject matter experts when it comes to Automated Builds and Smoke Testing. Our systems are producing tons of metrics and the builds that end up on players’ PC/console/mobile. We are the superusers of Perforce and git and consultants for the Release strategy. We write our own technology when we have to, but we prefer using well-known open source software.
We are a full stack DevOps team looking for a colleague to strengthen our infrastructure knowledge and practices. In this role you will be administering our virtual infrastructure and other low-level aspects of our automation systems and you will report to the Software Engineering Manager of the DRE team. Employing infrastructure-as-code techniques is crucial for our team.
We would value your ability to improve, to develop new scripts and automation tools to increase efficiency. Having some programming experience can be advantageous.
This role bridges relations between software developers and IT professionals, requiring you to communicate actively within a distributed environment with multiple partners.
Some of the technologies we’re NOW working with are mentioned below but your eagerness to experiment and learn are key to this role as we’re constantly evolving and TOMORROW our technical landscape might look different.
- Plan, provision, troubleshoot virtual machines (VMs) and associated storage for different systems.
- Monitor resource capacity and health for several types of applications.
- Identify opportunities to develop automation that improves efficiency in infrastructure workflows.
- Investigate new technologies
- Design and maintain scripting and other automation tools.
- Experience with VMware vCenter, including PowerCLI
- Working knowledge of Windows OS (server & workstation) and Linux (RedHat, CentOS)
- Strong scripting experience (Windows PowerShell, bash)
- Familiarity with revision control systems (Git, Perforce)
- Pronounced mindset towards rigorous testing and validation of work
- Excellent spoken and written English
Nice to have:
- Experience writing and debugging code in a programming language
- Experience with Containers and Container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, DC/OS)
- Experience with Cloud computing technologies
- Experience with Configuration Management Systems (Ansible, Chef)
- Packer, Terraform
- Familiarity with the Jenkins CI
- Experience with databases (MS SQL, MySQL) or other data management engines (Elasticsearch, Splunk, MongoDB)
- Filer concepts and terminology (NetApp, 3PAR, X-IO)
- Familiarity with Active Directory
What tech are we using?
Although it is not required to have experience in all our tech, candidates often find it helpful to know what we are using. This is not an exhaustive list and this changes over time as we find better solutions.
Windows 10, CentOS, Jenkins CI, Perforce, git, GitLab, vSphere / VMware, Groovy, Python, Java, batch/shell scripting, PowerShell, Ansible, Chef, Packer, Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Splunk and SQL
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know
- Where we are located? Afi Park 2, Vasile Milea no 4F (click here for pics)
- More about the events and work environment on our FB page - Inside EA Romania
Community / Marketing Title: Sys/DevOps Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-04 16:31:50.79
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.