DTS: Software Engineer - Engineering Services
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 158917
Position Title: Software Engineer III
We are EA Frostbite
We entertain millions of people across the globe by creating the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. Making great experiences is challenging, which is why we employ creative and passionate people.
The Opportunity ahead
The Software Engineer is a member of the Quality Engineering group, reporting to the Frostbite Engineering Services team. Frostbite is the engine that powers EA’s games: award-winning titles like Battlefield, FIFA, Dragon Age Inquisition and Need for Speed all harness the power of Frostbite to achieve outstanding visuals and immersive game play.
You will develop services, tools, test automation and data analysis systems with the focus on improving the quality of Frostbite. You will work with engine developers who need to code efficiently and attest quality in new ways. You will gather the requirements of game studios to integrate new features and tools. Working closely with software engineers in test, build engineers and quality assurance, you will promote modern software engineering practices, automation and data-driven workflows. You will be empowered to make design and implementation decisions so that your tools and services are efficient, reliable, scalable and secure. You will need to have a wide programming expertise and learn new technologies.
As part of Frostbite, you will belong to a globally distributed team with development centers in Stockholm (Sweden), Vancouver (Canada), Bucharest (Romania) and Guildford (UK), to name a few. Being part of the larger Development Technology & Services team, you lead the quality and productivity focus that allows our game teams to code better and more efficiently.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Excellent understanding of software development and quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and practices.
- Experience building test strategies.
- Experience with a client-server architecture.
- Experience with SQL or MySQL databases.
- Experience with version control and CI/CD tools and processes (Git, Perforce, Jenkins).
- Competence in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Solid debugging skills and eagerness to find the root-cause of issues.
- Experience reviewing, testing or extending other Software Engineer's code competently.
- Fluency talking and writing about complex technical details in English.
- Get the best of a collaborative environment, sharing knowledge and responsibilities.
- Learn and apply new technologies, principles and solutions.
- Lead projects, take ownership and make decisions to produce value.
- Flexibility to react and adapt to changes in priorities.
- Understand end-user perspectives, requirements and workflows to negotiate features and timelines.
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with test automation frameworks and ability to design testable code.
- Experience with HTTP, REST, back-end design, micro-service architectures, cloud technologies, security and scalability.
- Understand CPU and memory profiling, management and optimization.
- Experience deploying and testing on embedded platforms like game consoles or mobile.
- Experience supporting, testing, extending and refactoring large codebases.
- Interest in telemetry, statistics and metric visualization.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Frostbite we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a great benefits package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees with occupational pension.
We value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
Community / Marketing Title: DTS: Software Engineer - Engineering Services
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-09 08:42:36.757
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.