Senior Character Artist
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 158912
Position Title: Senior Character Artist
EA Create is a symbiotic network of artists, engineers, technicians, designers, and development directors who achieve industry-leading results through amazing talent. We are a family of creative teams inside EA Studios.
What the Senior Artworks Character Artist will do:
The character artist is an essential role in top-tier video game creation. In the context of our games, they will create the cast of characters that populate the game universe. Our character artists are dynamic and efficient modelers with sculpting and texturing skills – able to create outstanding content with an imagination that is always in motion. We create amazing character models based on scan data or photo references.
Who You Are:
• Experienced with 7+ years of industry character creation production
• 2+ years of experience leading a team in a senior character artist role.
• Prior experience leading character art teams including visual targets, asset creation processes
and partnership with Art Directors.
• Prior experience with External Development partners (setup, communication, feedback)
• Expert in high-fidelity 3D modeling / sculpting techniques, along with high-poly to low-poly
• Expert-level modeling experience with Maya and ZBrush
• Expert-level texturing experience with Substance Painter and Photoshop with an overall
emphasis on realism (Substance Designer is a plus)
• Knowledgeable of PBR workflows and how to replicate real-world materials
• Experienced in working with content-driven game engines (e.g. Unreal, Frostbite, Unity)
• Visualize in three-dimensions and work from limited reference material / concept art
• Gifted with a sense of proportion and composition with an eye for surface, colour
• Experienced in creating game resolution topology with considerations for deformation and rigging
• Knowledgeable in the creation of clothing and how you should match the character style (Cloth/hair simulation experience is a plus)
• Experienced in delivering high-quality assets to time and technical budget constraints
• Ability to devise new workflows, troubleshoot and improve within a team to enhance
character fidelity as a whole
• Photo-real character modeling and texturing – hair, clothing, anatomy, likeness, etc. showing UV
layout and all maps
• Concept- Model experience is a plus
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP company match and, of course, many other perks! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eac
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Character Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-03 19:11:11.017
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.