Data Scientist I
Multiple Locations: Seattle, Washington, United States • Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 158908
Position Title: Data Scientist I
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Our games are played everywhere in the world and on any kind of gaming device (PC, web, console, mobile, smart TV’s) and support multiple business models (digital downloads, premium content, free to play, subscriptions).
We are looking for a Data Scientist to work in the Fraud and Player Security team that manages fraud and account security for EA. You will report to the Technical Director for Fraud and Player Security and your primary focus will be to analyze the behavior of our user accounts and customers, identify fraud trends and high-risk transactions, combine and visualize recommendations based on imperfect data from multiple sources, work with several teams to help influence the efforts of driving change and improving our strategies and measurements through data.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data visualization and data-mining to tell the story behind numbers and find relevant insights for partners and leadership
- Aggregate and analyze large datasets to identify behavior trends using statistics, data mining techniques
- Develop strategies to tackle high risk fraud related events
- Help develop business cases for new technologies needed to support fraud detection
- Build prototype tools for investigating fraud events/behavior and analyzing system-wide trends
- Respond to operational needs by providing ad hoc analytical support
- Partner with Engineering and Operations teams to determine product requirements
- Partner with Operations teams to create reports, performance metrics
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Highly quantitative
- True passion for understanding customer behavior on-platform and in-game
- Business or data analysis experience; preferred experience from e-commerce, online payments, fraud/risk management, social networking, or gaming industry
- MS degree in a quantitative discipline (i.e. Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, Industrial Engineering), required
- Experience doing quantitative analysis
- Can interpret and manipulate large structured and unstructured data, develop recommendations.
- Experience managing advanced analytics projects which solve complex analytical problems using data mining technologies
- Familiar with Hadoop, Apache Spark framework, SQL/NoSQL
- Proficiency in Python or R
- Able to explain insights to all kinds of audiences
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist I
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-03 20:13:03.77
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.