Data Scientist II
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 158906
Position Title: Data Scientist II
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Our games are played everywhere in the world and on any kind of gaming device (PC, web, console, mobile, smart TV’s) and support multiple business models (digital downloads, premium content, free to play, subscriptions).
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team. You will report the Technical Director for Fraud and Player Security and will analyze the behavior of our user accounts and customers, identify fraud trends and high-risk transactions, take statistical or machine learning techniques when designing algorithms, models and heuristics rules to prevent fraudulent payments and losses, and work with Engineering to test and improve the performance of the product.
- Aggregate and analyze complex data sets to identify behavior trends using statistics, data mining, and machine learning techniques.
- Develop algorithms, models and heuristics to identify fraudulent transactions and account creation, account compromises, account login and other high-risk activities
- Research predictive modeling techniques and help develop business cases for new technologies needed to support fraud detection
- Build prototype tools for investigating fraud events/behavior and analyzing system-wide trends
- Respond to operational needs by providing ad hoc analytical support
- Partner with Engineering and Operations teams to determine product requirements
- Partner with Operations teams to create reports, performance metrics
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Highly quantitative
- True passion for understanding customer behavior on-platform and in-game
- Business or data analysis experience (experience from e-commerce, online payments, fraud/risk management, social networking, or gaming industry, a plus)
- Experience managing multiple data science projects simultaneously
- MS Degree in a quantitative discipline (i.e. Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, Industrial Engineering), required
- Experience doing quantitative analysis or statistical modeling
- Knowledge of at least one modeling framework (e.g., Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, MLlib)
- Will interpret and manipulate large structured and unstructured data, develop recommendations.
- Experience implementing advanced analytics projects using machine learning, pattern recognition, and data mining technologies
- Familiar with Hadoop, Apache Spark framework, SQL/NoSQL
- Proficiency in Python or R
- PMML experience and experience designing ML algorithms
- Can discuss insights to all kinds of audiences
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-03 20:23:42.213
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.