BioWare: Online Programmer
Requisition Number: 119047
Position Title: Software Engineer II
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Online Programmer will do at BioWare:
You will work with our online and gameplay teams to create systems that bring our players together to experience and share award-winning storytelling experiences using the Frostbite engine.
Who You Are:
A highly collaborative person with experience developing reliable, scalable, and secure online systems. You are creative, committed, and communicative. You also have a strong interest in being a part of a team that builds some of the best games in the industry.
- Collaborate with designers and other programmers to create online systems that bring our players together and let them become immersed in their worlds.
- Design, create, and maintain online systems that meet feature, technical, and schedule requirements.
- Integrate multiple online systems from other teams into our games.
- Support the content creators that use the systems and services you create.
- Work closely with Frostbite central teams to improve and leverage Frostbite’s online systems.
- Work closely with QA and technical leadership to ensure the reliability, scalability, and security of online systems and services by identifying, communicating, and resolving defects.
- Experience with multithreaded programming and debugging in C++.
- Experience tuning server systems for performance and reliability.
- Good understanding of networking and application layer protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP, HTTPS).
- Good understanding of enterprise server applications and database management.
- BSc (or higher) degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of professional C++ experience and a good understanding of software design principles.
- Knowledge of C#, Java, and Python is an asset.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical team members and partner groups.
- Strong teamwork skills but also the ability to take ownership and work independently.
- Passion for making reliable, scalable, and secure online systems.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
Contact Shanda Wood: email@example.com
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Online Programmer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-04-06 08:00:00.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Edmonton, Alberta CA