Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 158797
Position Title: Researcher
We are EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles— Battlefield, Star Wars, Madden, and The Sims, to name a few. But what does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The Challenge Ahead
We are looking for user researchers who have a passion for evaluating the gaming experience. You are motivated and excited to be part of a accomplished and advanced team shaping the future of EA games. Apply your passion for research and digital entertainment to the development of fun and creative gaming experiences. Conduct strategic research to help increase the quality of EA’s products, and work with talented design and production teams to integrate usability and user research into the development process.
- Conduct user research activities for all of EA’s products
- Analyze actionable data from different research methods (interview, lab studies, heuristics, surveys, telemetry, etc.)
- Work with game teams to understand franchise goals and strategies
- Communicate research results to game teams, provide recommendations and ongoing design consultation
- Develop long-term user research plans for EA’s mobile titles
- Identify research opportunities that impact users understanding, product design and quality
- Apply and tailor methods for assessing user engagement, user behavior, meaningful social interactions, and use of entertainment products, particularly in the mobile space
- Create new methodologies relevant to each product’s unique gameplay and sensibility
- Contribute to the development of departmental research processes
- Partner across organizational and regional teams with a variety of disciplines (researchers, designers, product planners, market researchers, producers, etc.) to produce insights which deeply improve the trajectory of their product work
Qualifications & Skills:
- You have an advanced degree in experimental psychology (experimental, social, cognitive, etc.), human computer interaction, human factors, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Expertise in research design, fluent in multiple methodologies (e.g. field studies, interviewing, contextual inquiry, questionnaire development and survey research, usability studies, competitive benchmarking, etc.)
- Experience in information design, game development principles, or consumer or entertainment software industry desirable
- Statistical experience and data modeling desired
- Ability to travel
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Great compensation package plus annual bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Employee discounts
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- Casual dress code
Community / Marketing Title: UX Researcher
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-19 21:37:47.95
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.