Data Analyst, Sports Analytics
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 158769
Position Title: Staff Analyst, Analytics
Data Analyst, Sports Analytics
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, SSX, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
The Challenge Ahead:
As a Data Analyst, you will help analyze data to improve the player experience for our Sports titles. You should be a thoughtful, curious, and analytical individual who has a passion for diving into data and building models to understand how players are interacting with our games. Your insights will help guide game design towards improved acquisition, retention, and monetization as well as go-to-market strategy.
What a Data Analyst does at EA:
- Produce strategic insights to help partners (e.g. Marketing, Brand, Development, etc.) make informed decisions regarding live content performance and feature investment
- Receive questions from the business, understands the questions, and determines the data needed to answer them
- Present analysis conclusions to business stakeholders in a clear, interpretable, and actionable way
- Work with large, distributed data sources to conduct analyses
- Provide guidance to product teams regarding data capture needs and ensures the analytics team has sufficient telemetry available to answer important business questions
- Partner with Business Intelligence and Database Engineers to identify and manage data requirements to support high-quality analysis and reporting
- Conduct effective analysis while adhering to company-wide best practices such as version control, documentation, and reproducibility
- BA or BS in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, or a related field
- 1 or more years of work experience in a data-driven role, demonstrating expertise with data to find insights and improve decisions
- Experience in a consumer products-oriented industry; gaming, entertainment, or e-commerce is a plus.
- Excellent SQL skills, including experience querying large datasets on a platform such as Redshift is a plus; experience on a big data platform such as Hadoop or Splunk is a plus
- Experience in data mining and statistical modeling
- Experience with data visualization applications (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Shiny)
- Experience with programmatic data analysis tools (e.g. R, Python)
- Knowledge/interest with EA Sports’ franchises (specifically Madden) is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Data Analyst, Sports Analytics
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-10 00:59:21.59
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.