Software Engineer III - C++
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 158762
Position Title: Software Engineer III
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and brilliant, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to provide new ways to play. EA is driving the next revolution in games. Join us!
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building new technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with a deep player experiences.
What does a Software Engineer do on the Frostbite Migration team?
As more and more games transition or get developed on Frostbite, it is essential that systems and components work and use the powerful potential of the Frostbite Engine. We are looking for a seasoned software engineer proficient in one or multiple domains spanning rendering, systems, animation, work pipelines, online. You will be a part of Frostbite Engagement Services and will have an chance to work with both game teams and our core engine teams, offering further growth and opportunities.
- Migrate or refactor complex features and systems to Frostbite and ensure they are feature-complete, performant and testable
- Collaborate closely with game team engineers and project managers to hit important deliverables
- Provide expertise, guidance and improvements on how to use Frostbite features and advantages
- Implement and instill best practices in harvesting innovations and common features back to the engine
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Math or related field
- In-depth C++ knowledge and programming experience
- Experience working with either DirectX 12, Vulkan, DirectX 11, OpenGL, or platform-specific APIs
- Excellent CPU debugging experience debugging, profiling, and optimizing using GPU toolsets such as RenderDoc or PIX
- Develop shaders in HLSL or GLSL
- Knowledge of physically based lighting models
- Understand memory management, multi-processor use and runtime optimization
- You will work with internal and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes excellent people to make outstanding games, we offer a culture that values creativity and individuality.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer III - C++
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-11-25 19:06:20.673
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.