Frostbite: Engineering Manager
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 158709
Position Title: Manager Engineering
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world-class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences, such as FIFA, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Need for Speed and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. Thousands of game developers all over the world are using Frostbite to create some of the best-looking games in the industry!
Physics & AI
The Physics & AI team oversees many of the workflows and technology behind the actual gameplay in many AAA game titles. Hundreds of content creators use the tools every day to establish character behavior, make believable animation, determine gameplay object behavior, design cloth, hair, and destructible assets, set up crowd behaviors, train and build machine learning networks. The run-time is just as important, providing the features and performance required to competitively realize it all in-game.
As an Engineering Manager you will
Motivate and manage engineers to execute the Frostbite product roadmap while keeping the team’s results, retention and health front of mind. The role will also include:
- Longer-term career growth assistance - you own your career.
- Mentor to improve software engineering skills/practices, where skills are specialist, ensuring the coaching is done by experts in the domain.
Team, Domain & Tech Leadership
- Engineer Productivity - achieve continuous improvement ineffective workflows, equipment, tools and iteration loops.
- Ensure that there is sufficient design in place before work is carried out. Use tools such as code reviews to ensure results are as expected and support the product road-map.
- Ship run-time, tools, workflows etc, for their assigned domain.
- Foster an agile engineering culture that values delivery, quality and good craftsmanship.
- Stay informed about the latest developments in engineering and technology, including attendance at key conferences and meet-ups
- Strong hands-on leader having lead at least one team using an agile methodology
Skills and Experience
Software Engineering Leadership - Know how to develop quality software and know if we are on track to do that with the current plan/work.
People Leadership - must be effective people managers. Must be able to get the best out of a diverse team of people even when delivery pressure is high.
Deep domain knowledge – In most cases, we will look for managers with deep technical knowledge to provide the team with the best chance of being able to determine quality software for the purpose requested. We are specifically looking for someone with proficiency with C++ and someone who has multi-threaded programming and debugging experience.
What's In It For You?
- Great compensation package plus annual bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Stock plans
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
Community / Marketing Title: Frostbite: Engineering Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-11-20 10:36:24.03
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.