Build/DevOps Engineer - temp/contract
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 158698
Position Title: Contingent
DRE - Build/DevOps Engineer
DRE is EA’s continuous integration and build experts. We are a team of over 100, located in EA studios across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
We pride ourselves on providing automation services to our internal customers - EA's game, engine, product, and content teams.
We are looking for someone to join the Development and Release Engineering team (DRE) in Austin, Texas as a DevOps Engineer and provide excellent services to our internal partner development teams. This engineer will report to our remote Engineering Manager.
- Work as a technical liaison with partner development teams to address build, infrastructure and CI/CD related issues
- Create and maintain automation pipelines and workflows
- Identify gaps/toil within build & automation workflows and implement automated scalable, reliable and repeatable solutions
- Monitor and address automated systems issues
- Work with IT and internal DRE team on expanding and maintaining build infrastructure environments
- Report regular status on assigned tasks and identify project issues
- Proficient in object-oriented/scripting languages (e.g C#, Java, Groovy, Python, Ruby)
- Proficient in implementing CI/CD pipelines (e.g Jenkins, GitLab CI)
- Secrets management tools (e.g Vault)
- Artifact repositories (e.g Artifactory, NPM, NuGet)
- Source control management tools (e.g Perforce, Git)
- Data reporting (e.g Splunk, ElasticSearch)
- Virtualization environments and tools (e.g VMs, vSphere)
Nice to haves:
- Commercial mobile game engine experience (e.g. Unreal, Unity)
- Mobile app development (e.g iOS, Android)
- Configuration management tools (e.g Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Terraform)
- Cloud platforms (e.g AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Containerization technologies (e.g Docker, Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure monitoring tools (e.g New Relic, DataDog, Zabbix)
- Familiar with best practices around automation security
Community / Marketing Title: Build/DevOps Engineer - temp/contract
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-03 20:44:46.183
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.