Public Relations Manager
Multiple Locations: Orlando, Florida, United States • New York, New York, United States
Requisition Number: 158648
Position Title: Communications Manager
PR Manager, Global Communications
At Electronic Arts, we are bringing together the creativity, talent and technology to connect players and deliver amazing experiences in entertainment. We thrive on passion, teamwork and pioneering. It’s the fuel that drives us to inspire the world to play.
We are looking for a seasoned PR Manager to join our Global Communications team based out of one of our offices on the East Coast in Florida or New York. In this role, you will work directly with our Senior Communications Manager and will be responsible for being the global PR lead on a few of our marquee franchises from a couple of our biggest studios. Do you like sports, first person shooters or role-playing games? Your key focus will be using your experience working on PR campaigns to jump right in and quickly learn the collaborative processes in which we work. In this role, you will be leading the creation and execution of Communication Strategies to establish a strong PR voice amongst your peers and to senior leadership as we look to generate new and consistent coverage for the franchises that you work on. You will also be required to spend lengths of time in-studio at these different franchise locations, working with the and Development Teams, Brand and Activation Managers, Strategy Leads and Community Teams, among others.
- Brings strategic thinking and displays high PR expertise to any planning meetings.
- Can represent the PR function well and can stand alone without upper management involvement.
- Maximizes the Earned opportunities within the larger global title campaigns.
- Boosts the coverage of EA franchises in the competitive media landscape.
- Collaborates effectively with different cross-functional and territory teams to plan and execute specific PR activities including media pitching, events and more.
- Quickly grows and maintains a healthy and trustworthy relationship with key spokespeople on different development teams.
- Drafts, staffs and manages the day-to-day tasks for multiple titles.
- Actively maintains current media relations and develops new ones.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field.
- 6-8 years of experience in PR, preferably in the videogame industry but not a necessity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with very strong organizational and management abilities.
- High ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously, while prioritizing high-return work.
- Has deep relationships with gaming, technology and/or entertainment media.
- Highly proficient at presenting communications plans and incorporating feedback.
Community / Marketing Title: Public Relations Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-11-21 20:44:00.733
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.